The 2014 Agenda: The Connected Consumer Experience
This is the definitive industry summit for the leaders of the new converged mobile economy. Together we explore how to build, and monetize, the open mobile Internet.
Take a look at the conference agenda below to understand how mobile is distrupting consumer life.
Chairman - Mark Lowenstein, MD, Mobile Ecosystem
Vision from Verizon
Anthony J. Melone, CTO, Verizon Corporation
Beyond the box - The fight for the living room
With the explosive growth in mobile and tablets, the media landscape has changed rapidly. Discuss the way television content consumption is changing and how new platforms are fragmenting how which we watch TV content
- Explore the latest ideas about the intersection of mobile and social in delivering unique content that sticks and builds brand loyalty
- Discuss the Unbundling of TV Content - What is the effect on the TV economy?
- FCC and Net Neutrality - What does this mean for TV?
- Discuss how the streaming TV and Cable Operators can and should work together - Who needs who and what are the partnership opportunities?
Ryan Spoon, SVP Product, ESPN
Ohad Ben-Yoseph, Director of Strategy, LG
Tim Connolly, VP Distribution, Hulu
David Finocchio, Founder and GM, Bleacher Report
Hardie Tankersley, VP Digital, Fox Broadcasting
Moderator: Colleen Taylor, Reporter, TechCrunch
Context is King - Making Mobile Surpass Consumer Expectations
Mobile and smart technologies have transformed the relationship between brands and their customers, placing the power firmly back in the hands of the latter.
- Explore how contextual, social and personal data are altering the power of mobile.
- How do you get onto your audiences mobile, deeply engage them and have the privilege of staying there?
- Look at how to enhance the relationship with your audience by creating the 'wow factor' through mobile and interactive channels
Tom Eslinger, Worldwide Director of Digital and Social, Saatchi and Saachti
Di-Ann Eisnor, VP Platform, Waze
Kira Wampler, CMO, Trulia
Moderator: Larry Weber, CEO and Founder, Racepoint Group
The In-Store Mobile Commerce Revolution
Mobile hits the shop floor. With the advent of low-energy Bluetooth (BLE) and hyper-local Location Based Services, beacon technology is disrupting the in-store consumer retail experience, revealing a multitude of marketing and product opportunities for brands.
- Discover how mobile is enabling retailers to collect unique data on the in-store customer journey, and determine how they are utilising analytics to enhance product placement and combat showrooming.
- Understand how the integration of beacon technology will allow brands and advertisers to not only reach shoppers at the point of purchase, but provide consumers with valuable content as they shop. Realise how branded content can be integrated into the shopping toolkit to drive purchases in-store.
- Mobile POS: How will mobile payments technology affect the in-store retail experience? Understand how brands expect consumers to adapt to payment capabilities that offer checkout options beyond waiting in line.
Stefan Happ, General Manager, Global Mobile, American Express
Alexis Rask, CRO, Shopkick
Joe Megibow, CDO, American Eagle
Andy Chu, Divisional Vice President, Mobile & Community Experiences, Sears
RadiumOne - speaker TBC
A New Era for the Mobile Network Operators: OTT, Advertising and Monetisation
The traditional mobile value chain has changed. Over the top (OTT) communication services and media giants have muscled in on their revenues. But, the MNOs are fighting hard against becoming a dumb pipe and innovation for new revenue streams is in the air.
- Explore the new services that are being developed as the wireless operators choose their weapons to win the battles for mobile voice, messaging media and cloud
- Discuss where mobile operators are looking to partner with OTT players as they look to minimise their decline in messaging revenues, and offset their lack of service innovation
- Understand the emerging partnerships that are forming between advertisers and MNOs: how are the carriers collecting mobile usage data that would have brands jumping for joy?
Chris Melissinos, Director, Corporate Strategy - Media and Entertainment, Verizon Wireless
Michael Goo, VP Services and Platform, T-Mobile USA
Moderator: Dan Deeney, CEO and Director, AetherPal
Reinventing the Modern Product Experience Story
Mark Rolston, Founder and Chief Creative, Argo Design
How to Overcome the Mobile Gaming Industry's Investment Barrier
Mobile gaming is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the development world, with companies including King Digital, SGN, Supercell, Kabam and even Zynga fiercely competing for market share. Of those that have gone public -- Zynga and King -- public markets still exhibit broad skepticism over this sector's long term viability and financial stability.
Dissect the business models behind this industry
Chris de Wolfe, CEO, SGN
Fostering the Interactive Experience Through Mobile Technology
Daniel Danker, CPO, Shazam
Mobile Advertising: The Future of Mobile Engagement
Brands are continuing to look for higher engagement with their audience. Banner blindness is beginning to hurt the efficacy of mobile’s traditional brand engagement. The panel of experts shed light on the next generation of brand engagement achievable in connected media
- How can consumer mobile data be utilized to target consumers more effectively, increase engagement and drive sales to build a more dynamic, contextual X-ray of the consumer?
- Capitalize on the shift. How do you move from the one-time campaigns to long-term customer engagement?
- Think beyond the banner: Using mobile to build a digital to physical bridge
Steve Weinswig, VP, Managing Director of San Francisco, R/GA
Mark Prior, VP Mobile, Rocket Fuel
Stephen Clements, Executive Creative Director, AKQA
Malene Sam, Director of Mobile Media Solutions, CBS Interactive
Jeremy Lockhorn, VP, Emerging Media, Razorfish
App Discovery: Have We Figured This Out Yet?
With each of the appstore giants surpassing over 1,000,000 apps in their storefront the gap between search and find is getting bigger and bigger. Developers must take advantage of this opportunity to succeed in the marketplace and have a stake in the future.
- Discuss rich targeting methods to be used at scale, effective analytics and automation processes for increased developer profitability
- Explore new tools and options to earn more on mobile and best practices to help developers make money from their app
- How can data be used in increasingly sophisticated ways to drive better performing ads in mobile and help brands better connect with consumer
Guillaume Lelait, GM of North America, Fetch
Sean Ryan, VP of Platform Partnerships, Facebook
Conquering Changing Buying Behaviour
There was a time when e-commerce and bricks-and-mortar stores existed in separate worlds. Then came high-speed wireless and powerful smartphones, and the retailing world has never been the same. It is an omnichannel experience.
- How has mobile created a more personalized relationship with the buyer with tools such as cameras, location features and social-network connections as a new era of person-to-person successes emerge
- Discuss how mobile has the power to make shopping fun again - rewards, social engagements and relevancy - can a traditional brand reinvent itself?
- Leveraging big data: What are the ways it can power new and improved shopping services to deliver personalised experiences that customers didn't know they needed?
Manish Chandra, CEO, Poshmark
Parham Aarabi, CEO, Modiface
eCommerce through the lens of Google Glass - a perspective from Expedia
We are entering an age of radical change enabled by new wearable devices. These changes will dramatically shift the way consumers access and engage the internet. Learn about Expedia’s perspective of what these changes mean for traditional eCommerce companies.
John Kim, Chief Product Officer, Expedia.com, Expedia, Inc.
The Mobile Mind Shift
Smartphones are becoming an extension of our brains. When we don't immediately find what we want, we turn to our phone or tablet and look for a service that can help us directly. This is 'the mobile mind shift'.
- Evaluate the impact of the mobile mind shift on consumers and marketers
- How can successful brands serve customers in their mobile moments and do they need to approach it with a different business discipline?
Julie Ask, VP and Principal Analyst, Forrester
Chairman - Robin Vasan, Partner, Mayfield
Apps Disrupting Enterprise
The nature of how employees work has changed and enterprises are dealing with a new savy, always-connected workforce. We discuss creating mobile experiences for workers.
- How do you provide a unified, simple experience for the worker when having to integrate various legacy and cloud systems
- Discuss the power battle as to who keep UX control - the cloud solution provider or the enterprise
Jesus Rodriguez, CEO, Kidozen
Oisin Lunny, Senior Market Dev Manager, OpenMarket
Jamie Perlman, Head of Mobile Business Development, Box
Moderator - Robin Vass, Partner, Mayfield
The Industrial Internet: Making IoT a Reality
By 2020 there will be over 50bn connected objects. Excitement around the concept of the 'Internet of Things' has been mounting. Take a look at the concept of the 'Industrial Internet' as the first step toward an IoT
- New ecosystems of connected machines have the potential to increase efficiency, minimize waste, and make smarter decisions. Discuss how the Industrial Internet is changing workplaces
- Discuss how manufacturers can optimize operational efficiency, speed new products from idea to profit, and embrace the opportunities of the “Internet of things
- Evaluate the emerging battleground between traditional manufacturing automation companies and new competition from Google and technology companies
Moderator: Maribel Lopez, Principle Analyst, Lopez Research
Chris Klayko, Strategic Director for Manufacturing, Google Enterprise
Chairman: Simon Khalaf, CEO, Flurry
Making Mobile Gaming Pay
We've moved from million-dollar games to billion-dollar games. After 13 years in waiting, the growth is almost unbounded. Mobile gaming has never been as exciting as it is now. However, its financial health still requires evangelic proof of a reliable business model.
- The leaders in the mobile gaming industry debate and discuss what needs to be done to a gaming app monetises and stays at the top of the volatile charts.
Chris Akhavan, President of Publishing, Glu
Greg Ballard, SVP Digital Gaming, Warner Bros.
Clark Stacey CEO, WildWorks
Chris de Wolfe, CEO, SGN
The Never Endering Mobile App Marketplace
Explore how new services are being offered by apps by utilising the intuitive data of the mobile platform
- How will this further disrupt traditional service environments?
- Understand the innovative revenue and transactional business models that today's mobile offerings are launching to monetise their app service
- No more banners! Can content and great services really be the future of the app economy?
Fireside Chat with LinkedIn
LinkedIn have officially moved to being a mobile first service and made some pretty bold decisions along the way. Understand how to truly make a useful companion consumer and enterprise experience:
- Multiple app approach – Is it worth breaking your offering into multiple apps?
- Anticipatory computing – how can apps infer with what you need next using contextual information?
- Apps in Symphony – Understand how to create total synchrony between multiple platforms and apps to give a joined-up experience
Joff Redfern, VP Mobile Product, LinkedIn
Kiran Prasad, Senior Director of Engineering Mobile, LinkedIn
App Idol: Trulia
Session Details Coming Soon
Jonathan McNulty, Head of Consumer Mobile, Trulia
Sports and Live Events broadcast on the Go
Rich media opportunities. From NASCAR to MLB, how do we mine the content, engage younger audiences, and enjoy higher in-situ ROI?
- The role of targeted advertising during world-wide digital sporting events. Can you use granular viewing time metrics and location to serve up high ROI advertising?
- Look at methods to deal with intense mobile traffic loading. WiFi Hotspots?
Connected home: Dreams of seamless automation
With the emergence of Internet of Things, the next big level is bringing that smartification to the home. Discuss what opportunities will this open for the consumers, construction companies, service providers and energy companies alike.
- A dizzying array of connected home devices will enter the fray of the connected home space: discuss the evolving ecosystem and how such systems will interact in a way that is consumer friendly? Who will own this new platform environment
- Building from the ground up: Look at how this technology can be incorporated into buildings during construction and if there is ROI in doing so
- Can the connected lifestyle be achieved and if so who are the key players of this IoT? Understand the converging worlds of connected automotive and home in order to build a seamless door to door experience
Michael Yang, MD Silicon Valley, Comcast Ventures
Sce Pike, Chief Experience Officer , Plus Citizen
Elie Finegold, SVP Global Innovation and Business Intelligence, CBRE
Moderator: Owen Thomas, Editor in Chief, ReadWrite
Next wave of Device design: Are wearables the answer?
Sales of mobile devices are still growing but quickly leveling off. Older gadgets like PCs are on the decline. Meanwhile, the technology industry is rushing to figure out what the next big game changer will be.
- Look at the latest hardware and interface trends in mobile design including flexible screens, gesture control, sensor interaction, mid-air gestures; as well as larger shifts to changes in device types e.g. phablets
- Have smart watches, wearables and glasses fallen victim to their own hype or if it's still early days for the next wave of consumer technology?
- As the ever expanding network of mobile devices surrounds our day, how will consumers interact with the internet-of-things? How will the mechanics of privacy change?
Claude Zellweger, Advanced VP of Design, HTC
Mark Rolston, Founder and Chief Creative, Argo Design
Itai Vonshak, Chief Product Officer, Pebble
Moderator: Sharon Weinbar, Partner, Scale Venture VC
Redesigning Corporates to Innovate in Mobile
Liron Damir, Creative Director, Pebble
Itai Vonshak, Chief Product Officer, Pebble