|TRACK 1 – MOBILE PRODUCT STRATEGIES
||TRACK 2 – GO TO MARKET AND APP ENGAGEMENT
Must-have Apps: Reengaging your Users
Last year 69% of the growth in mobile-app usage came from existing users, this is over 3x as much as last year. The gains to be made from directing your marketing and engagement efforts towards existing users are manifest.
- Identify that minority of ‘super users’ and their key usage behaviour in order to take full advantage of the opportunity they provide
- Consider what impact the profile of your users – ‘super users’ and ‘casual users’ – should have on your monetisation model, especially given that the conversion rates from ‘free’ to ‘paid-for’ products remain low
- Bridge the gap between product and marketing: How can customer-behaviour insights from the product team be used to increase the efficacy of my marketing, and vice versa?
Making an App go from Zero to Hero
Launching a new mobile product and getting noticed, whether it is an extension of an existing brand or entirely new, is getting increasingly harder.
- Findability: get app store optimization right from the beginning
- Walk through the dos and don’ts of growth hacking
- Leverage mobile web to capture the customer before moving to a loyalty-based app experience
Deploy Machine Learning to Improve the Customer Experience
As a modern brand you are now collecting a lot of data about users from a number of touch points – giving a true, holistic view of the customer. Discuss how machine learning can deliver a personalized app experience.
- Look at how the app’s feature, content and layout could be altered according to the users’ previous brand interaction and buying history
- Explore how far along the system is with its ability to learn and respond – what does this tech progression look like?
- Discuss app personalisation steps that can be implemented before full machine learning is introduced such as self-identification
The Fluid App Experience: Acquisition, Activation and Retention
Marketers now recognize that their consumers use multiple devices at different times throughout the interaction with their brand. This means that user behaviour evolves throughout the lifecycle of an app. How do you keep users coming back?
- Enable the customer to enhance their daily physical environment by using contextual, social and personal data to create more targeted, relevant mobile app experiences
- Explore how to market fluidly between the app lifecycle stages (acquire, engage, grow) to create a positive, enriched, personalized experience throughout the app user’s journey
- Discover a more people-centric marketing approach: Improve your knowledge of your target audience by combining device linking, location-based marketing, and analytics to engage at the right moments and ultimately drive mobile growth
Networking Coffee Break
The Full Journey: Awareness, Discovery, Consideration, Transaction
The app stores are more crowded than ever before and consumers’ appetite to explore and take risks is decreasing. Take a look at how to push the consumer all the way through the funnel to result in transactions.
- Explore the full extent of deep links, mobile SEO and progressive onboarding tips to bring users immediately into the most valued part of the product, increasing valuable discoverability and engagement upon arrival
- Discuss how to move a customer from browsing behaviour through to transaction in order to increase conversion rates
- Close up on the m-commerce and fashion space: How are high value purchases encouraged on mobile? How do you build personalised discovery and recommendation experiences?
Get Inspired to be More Creative with Mobile Advertising
As marketers, and their agencies, increasingly invest in the mobile channel striking the balance between data-driven targeting and creativity remains a challenge. We discuss the implications.
- Discuss how to creatively enage the user on mobile using combinations of features such as video, sound and gamification to drive ROI
- Combine art and science by using formats that trigger results both behaviourally (in terms of interactions, App Indexing and clickthroughs) and attitudinally (in terms of brand recall and purchase intent), whilst controlling traffic fraud
- Data or creativity? No need to choose. Consider a cross-device marketing strategy to maximize segmentation and creativity
Monetization: Validate the Value of Mobile by Pushing Users to Convert in-App
Building a mobile app these days is easy. However, monetizing that same app has become nearly impossible. Whether you are pushing for users to convert or looking for alternative revenue streams such as advertising, your mobile product has to generate revenue to survive.
- Getting consumers to complete their transaction via their phone has been a friction point, especially with physical or high value goods.
- Reawaken the experience from browsing behaviour through to transaction and boost conversion rates
- Get the timing right: Look at key periods of the day to encourage users to transact via mobile
- Explore carrier billing and payment options – What is the best, and simplest, way to pay? What role will biometrics have?
- Will we see customers overcome their internal anxieties and make bigger purchases via mobile?
- Strike the balance between a simplified one-tap-approach and a full range of options and choices in terms of conversion rates
The Era of Engagement Marketing: Hear Case-Studies and Success Stories
The internet changed how products and services are marketed; from mass marketing to transactional marketing. With the growth of social and mobile, a bigger shift is happening now towards a new Era of Engagement Marketing that is focused on building lifelong relationship with your customers.
- Learn how to achieve continuous engagement across multiple channels based on who the customer is and what they do and look at how to continue this over time
- Hear case studies about brands that have managed to reengage their existing customers with new, targeted digital experiences
- Content consumption: explore how to deliver the content medium that your users specifically want to digest
Have We All Become a Bit App-Happy? The Resurgence of Mobile Web
Brands have spent time and money focusing on apps – making them the priority mobile product. Now it’s time to realistically look at the customer journey and explore how your users interact with your brand.
- Look at the user journey from initial capture (more often on mobile web) and how to move through to app experience for loyal customers
- How do you tie content that is presented in an app on a non-standard browser – deep link and smooth transitions
Exploit Marketing Analytics to Build a Multidimensional View of the Customer
- If you’re engaging the consumer across multiple channels, understand the important data metrics to consider
- Leverage data to understand people's daily habits and rituals to help create more relevant messaging and targeting
- Use your audience data to segment according to behavior and activity to create authentic, flexible, personalized messages
- Examine the real alternatives of cookie gathering on mobile (e.g. location data) and find new ways to track customers cross-platform and accurately identify cost per download
- Associating Value: Find out how to delineate mobile performance and make the case for mobile investment