MOBILE PRODUCT STRATEGIES
GO TO MARKET AND APP ENGAGEMENT
Must-Have Apps: Re-Engage your Users
Last year, 69% of the growth in mobile-app usage came from existing users – triple the previous year. Retention is big business. So why do so many brands put new customer acquisition first? Discover new strategies to inspire your engaged customers, and keep them buying from you.
- Identify your ‘super users’, analyze their behaviour, and implement ways to replicate your engagement across your customer base
- From ‘free’ to ‘paid-for’ products – conversion rates remain low. Find ways to identify the obstacles. A confused use path? Too much friction at checkout? Learn from ‘super user’ and ‘casual users’ profile data comparisons, and assess where and how to make necessary improvements
- Bridging the gap between product development and marketing takes effort. Discover why high-level communication is vital to app success
- Plus, find out how behavioural insights on customers benefit all teams striving to achieve better market penetration
Farhan Siddiqi VP Global Digital Experience McDonald’s
Jay Schneider VP Digital Experience Disney Parks & Resorts Digital
Ajay Arora VP Product Imgur
The Fluid App Experience: Acquisition, Activation and Retention
Throughout brand interaction, many customers will switch devices. Tracking this behavior and maintaining the logical flow of the customer journey is essential to avoid revenue loss through abandonment. Understanding the nuances of evolving use behavior throughout the lifecycle of an app is also key to ensuring customers keep coming back?
- Find out how to use contextual, social and personal data to create more targeted, relevant mobile app experiences.
- Acquire, engage, grow - Set up mechanisms to take customers seamlessly through each app lifecycle stage
- Learn how to create a positive and enriched, personalized experience throughout the app user’s journey
- Combined device linking, location-based marketing and analytics to deliver a more customer-centric marketing approach
- Find out how, through improved understanding of your target audience, how to engage at precisely the right moment to enhance user experience and ultimately drive mobile growth
Jessica Randazza Head of Marketing, Early Life Nutrition, Danone
Bill Schneider Senior Director of Product Marketing Urban Airship
Machine Learning Implementation for a Better Outstanding Customer Experience
More incisive algorithms mean that machines to getting faster and better at learning. Discover how to best implement AI, and fuse it with human insight to deliver the ultimate personalized app experience.
- Learn how app features, content and layout can be intuitively ‘machine shaped’ in line with prior user interactions and buying history
- Examine what this new tech progression looks like, and assess the ‘IQ’ of your machine learning to see how it compares to competitor ‘intelligence’
- Improve and implement app personalization steps before full machine learning, such as self-identification, is introduced
Richard Ting Chief Experience Officer R/GA
Your App is Not an Isolated Citadel… Connect it to Your all Your Other Marketing Channels to Take Over the World
As apps have evolved into a powerful channel for small and large brands, marketers often think of apps as an independent product vs. a piece in a larger strategy of brand marketing. While apps deliver higher engagement purchase and retention, they have much higher customer acquisition prices and less established marketing tactics outside of paid app installs.
- Stop seeing your app as a separate entity and view it as part of a larger unified brand strategy, tied into existing channels like e-mail, websites, SEM, SEM or discount referral programs.
- Hear examples of how successful brands like Jet, Pinterest, WSJ have blended apps seamlessly into their overall marketing strategy and get insights into the results they achieved
- Get best practices for brand marketers looking to market the app as part of a larger marketing campaign
Mada Seghete Co-Founder Branch
Networking Coffee Break
From Awareness and Discovery to Consideration and Transaction – Why Understanding the Full Journey is Key
With app stores are more crowded and cluttered than ever, consumers’ have lost their enthusiasm to explore. Examine new ways to usher consumers all the way through the sales funnel and secure conversions.
- Immediately bring users into the most valued part of your product. And discover how to – through deep links, mobile SEO, and progressive onboarding tips – increase discoverability and hugely improve user engagement
- Encouraging customers to move from browsing to completing a transaction is half art and half science. Find out from data what the key trigger points are and learn what others are doing to reduce friction and speed up the conversion process
- Plus: discover how to build personalized discovery and recommendation experiences?
Angela Wise Head of Product Sprig
Marie Floyd SVP Customer Experience Wells Fargo
Gadi Weiszlovits Lahav Head of Product Financial Times
Creative Mobile Advertising – Find Your Inspiration!
As marketers and their agencies invest more in the mobile channel, striking the balance between data-driven targeting and creativity remains a challenge. Find out how other brands pinpoint and maintain happy equilibrium.
- Discover how to creatively engage the user on mobile with a balance of video, sound, gamification, and killer content that will drive ROI through the roof!
- Explore behavioural interaction data such as app Indexing and click-throughs; weigh findings up with attitudinal responses such as brand recall and purchase intent, and allocate value to your campaigns
- Learn what new technologies are out there to help counter fraud, like automated bots simulating ad displays and banner clicks
Engage audiences with cross-device marketing strategies to increase segmentation and boost creativity.
Sarah Epps Lead Product Marketing Manager Facebook
Genevieve Owyang Director of Mobile Marketing realtor.com
Have We All Become a Bit App-Happy? The Resurgence of Mobile Web
In order to make a premium mobile product people want on their home screens, brands spend large sums of time and money. Then comes the time to look realistically at the ensuing customer journey...
- Explore how your users interact with your app, and therefore your brand. Invest in new data strategies to learn what your customers like and what they don’t
- From initial capture to sequential steps that lead to actionable results, examine your brand experience from the customer point of view, and introduce new ideas to keep them engaged and ensure their loyalty
- Tying content together. Find out how to use deep links to fuse app and browser experiences and ensure smoother transitions
Sarah Schmalbach Senior Product Manager, Mobile Innovation Lab, The Guardian
Danny Bernstein Director, Global Product Partnerships Google
Sudev Balakrishnan SVP Product Grubhub
Scott Havens Global Head of Digital Bloomberg Media
Engagement Marketing: Hear Case-Studies and Success Stories
The internet has changed how products and services are promoted and sold. Social and mobile growth have given impetus to an unprecedented shift away from mass and transactional marketing styles toward Engagement Marketing. A new era for brands, the focus isn’t on shifting product per se, but building lifelong relationships with customers.
- Across multiple channels, learn how to achieve continuous customer engagement, inspiring a continued relationship by being genuinely useful, relevant, entertaining and engaging.
- Learn from brand case studies how to re-engage your existing customers with new, exciting and sharply targeted digital experiences
- Get a handle on exactly the type of nuanced content your users want. Go granular with the data and give them an experience they won’t forget, and will want to come back for time and again.
Nick Strada Group Creative Director AKQA
Monetization: Drive in-App Conversions and Validate the Value of Mobile
Building apps is one thing. Monetizing them is another. Mobile phones generate their own unique type of friction when it comes to users completing transactions – particularly where physical and high value goods are involved. Pinpointing the barriers and introducing ways to resolve them should be a business-critical priority for brands.
- From browsing behaviour through to basket checkout, find new ways to reinvigorate your user experience and boost conversion rates
- Time is of the essence. Study your customer data and look for buying patterns that will help you engage at the right moments and improve your sales
- Discover the simplest and most efficient mobile payment methods. Which ones work best for your business, and what role could advanced payment systems, such as biometrics, play in improving your app’s monetization capabilities?
- One tap, or multiple? Is reducing the number of taps really the best way to improve engagement and conversions, or is it an unnecessary development obsession. Hear from the experts about how much is too many and how little too few when it comes to app use and screen friction
Exploit Marketing Analytics to Build a Multidimensional View of the Customer
Nobody wants a broken link in the chain. Making sure your mobile experience dovetails with other devices is part and parcel of mastering omni-channel. Get it right, and the rewards are better engaged, more trusting and loyal customers.
- Get to grips with key data metrics is essential for the delivery of a relevant user experience. Hear about the importance of attribution and deep data analysis in omni-channel engagement
- Understanding people's daily habits and rituals is key to creating more relevant messaging and targeted marketing. Hear about different ways to leverage the data to ensure the brand consumer cycle remains fluid and transparent.
- Creating authentic, flexible, personalized messages is what every brand wants to do, and what every successful brand does. Find out how to make best use of your audience data, to segment according to behavioral activity, then start a meaningful conversation.
- Cookie gathering alternatives – when it comes to mobile, what are they? From location-based data to payment information, discover new ways to track and evaluate your customers’ cross-platform journeys.
- Associating Value: Find out how to delineate mobile performance and make the case for mobile investment
Eric Mugnier SVP North America M&C Saatchi Mobile
Guillaume Cabane VP Growth Segment.com
Making an App go from Zero to Hero
Whether it is an extension of an existing app or fresh out of product development, ready to market, getting noticed during and after launch is tougher than ever. Learn some great tricks, tips and tactics for nudging your brand’s product above the parapet.
- Making sure it’s discoverable. Don’t make the mistake of launching on the wrong platform. Assess and analyze target audiences to ensure app store optimization from the outset
- Growth hacking. Doing it the right way. Tempting as it is to accelerate market testing, a rational approach is better than going at it like a bull in a china shop. Hear from those who have hacked their way to success with a laser-focused approach
- The mobile web is changing. Find out how to engage and capture new customers before ushering them into your full feature app experience, and winning their loyal custom
Anjali Malik Strategic Partner Development Manage Google Play
Networking Drinks Party — Sponsored by PayPal